Project 1 - Memory Space

 


Project 1 Reflection

               I went into this project with a memory that came right into my mind when brainstorming. I wanted to create the feeling and space that my elementary art classroom felt like. I started with a sketch in my sketchbook that led me on the path I took to create my final piece.

               This was my first time using Procreate on my iPad, and I have learned A LOT since I first started. At first, it was janky as I was getting the hang of it, but by the end of my project, I felt well versed in how to use it. I learned about the different brushes, textures, and tools that the app offers.

               I started with finding a perspective grid that helped me map out the layout of the classroom and show depth in my piece. I used my grid as a background layer to map out the windows, shelves, and ceiling pieces.

               I hand-drew everything in the artwork, including the Elmer's glue. I learned how to duplicate things I drew, which saved me a lot of time rather than redrawing everything 5 times. I played around with different sized brushes and opacity for the background and the room itself.

               Once I figured out what objects I wanted in the room, I wanted to focus on creating the feeling of bliss and freedom of creativity. I made many different strokes on the composition to see what looked good, and a wavy, colorful stroke across the page went beautifully.

               After completing my work, I went to print. I realized that printing made the colors duller than it looked on screen. I want to figure out a way to make colors pop and more vibrant while printing going forward. I learned a lot about Procreate and the printing process during this project, and I know I will continue to learn these things as I go.

Comments